In the last ten years, Search Engines have revolutionized the way we research and make purchasing decisions. There are many stories about companies that skyrocketed after achieving high ranking on a search engine results page. Getting recognized by the search engines as a leader in the field can fulfill the “if we build it they will come” dream. Many companies have profited as well as busted in pursuit of this elusive status, and even once obtained you have to defend multiple opponents wanting your search ranking. Many marketers profess to have the secret to strong rankings, yet there are many misconceptions about how search works, and what is necessary to get listed on the first page of Google. In this workshop we put the misconceptions to rest, educating on how the search engines find, review and categorize web pages.
Workshop Three includes:
- Understanding how a search engine works
- The difference between Organic versus Paid listings, and when to use each.
- How On-Page versus Off-Page SEO affect your ranking
- Performing Keyword Analysis
- Selecting the right Search Terms to pursue
- A review of your home page for On-Page SEO
- Review of Page Titles, Meta-tags, Heading, Image and Link tags.
- Recommendations for improvements.