Instead of buying ads, buying email lists, or cold calling, inbound marketing focuses on creating educational content that guides people toward your website where they can learn more about solutions you have for their problems, on their own accord.
Inbound marketing is a philosophy based on the truth that consumers buy differently today than they did 10 years ago.
Before the Internet:
- Buyer was relatively uninformed, relied on a salesperson for information.
- Buyer’s journey was linear; started with a phone call or sales visit.
- Marketing Playbook was to interrupt with cold calls and advertising.
- Yellow Pages was only way to reach prospect when ready to buy.
- The Buyer is well-informed, often knows more up-to-date information than the salesperson.
- Buyer Journey is fluid and random. No two buyers find you the same way.
- Marketing Playbook is to provide thought leadership through content creation.
- Technology allows consumers to dodge advertising and seek information on their terms.
Inbound Marketing is
- Attracting strangers with relevant content.
- Nurturing trust among your prospects.
- Staying connected to your customers.
Inbound Marketing helps companies attract, convert, close, and delight visitors, leads and customers through a variety of channels such as social media, blogging, search, landing pages, forms, and email.
Get more information about our monthly inbound marketing service, our quarterly inbound marketing service and our inbound marketing set-up & training.